Structural Engineer in Training
Western Mechanical Electrical Millwright Services Ltd. is seeking a full-time Structural Engineer in Training for our company located in Barrie, Ontario. The successful candidate will work alongside our team of Engineers and Project Managers, with a special interest in the Heavy Lift department. The Heavy Lift department oversees a various range of critical lifts and requires engineering expertise. The successful candidate will receive legislated Health and Safety training, and any prior training is considered an asset.
- E.I.T Designation (Required)
- Ontario G Class Drivers License (Required)
- Reliable Transportation (Required)
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
The position shall include (but not limited to) the following:
- Drafting/detailing in AutoCAD, Revit and Advance Steel in 2D and 3D environments,
- Conceptual design,
- Structural design,
- General drafting for structural work
- Preparation of fabrication drawings, primarily for structural steel,
- Site inspections, and
- Project troubleshooting and development.
Term, Hours of Work and Compensation:
- This is a full-time position.
- 40 - 44 hours per week, Monday to Friday.
- There will be opportunities where additional hours will be required to meet deadlines and complete projects.
- The role is entitled to vacation pay and paid statutory holidays.
- We expect to compensate the successful candidate at hourly rates consistent with market expectations and based on experience.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Western Mechanical welcomes applications from candidates with disabilities; accommodations are available upon request for those who are selected to proceed with the interview process.
Western focuses on providing innovative, professional and cost effective industrial contracting solutions to our customer’s everyday problems, worldwide. Our practical experience-based range of services include:
- Mechanical Contracting
- Sheet Metal Contracting
- Electrical Contracting
- Heavy Lifting
- Civil Contracting
- Hydraulic Specialists
- Freight & Logistics
Since Western’s early beginnings in 1979, the focus of the company has always been to deliver world-class industrial contracting services, which exceeds the expectations of our global customer base. This focus has been the primary reason for the company’s continued growth and success in the areas of millwrighting, mechanical contracting, electrical contracting, civil works, heavy lifting and heavy transportation. We understand and appreciate the heavy equipment, plant services or unique structures our customers entrust to our care are critical to their operations. As such, our staff employs the same care and respect in each and every project we undertake on their behalf.